Immigration Law Scholarship
The Law Office of Givi Kutidze is offering one $500 scholarship to a college student pursuing or planning to pursue a legal or related degree program. This scholarship is open to any accredited college student in the United States.
- Be enrolled in an accredited college or university of the United States
- Possess an excellent grasp of the U.S. immigration legal system or current events and developments with regard to immigrant communities in the U.S.
- Write an original essay of 500-1000 words related to immigration policy, the U.S. immigration system, legislation or immigrant communities in the U.S., ideally proposing a solution to a perceived shortcoming or challenge in that realm
Selection & Eligibility Criteria
Selection will be based solely on the merits of the essay, having regard to such elements as writing style, content, and distinctiveness of ideas discussed in the essay.
The scholarship recipient will be notified following the entry deadline. Funds will be disbursed directly to the winner at his or her permanent mailing address.
To apply for this scholarship, please email the following documents by June 10, 2017 to [email protected] with the subject line “Essay”:
- Proof of enrollment in a U.S.-accredited college or university; and
- The entry essay in a Word document or PDF format.
Please be advised that the winner’s essay will be published as a blog post on this website.