Immigration Attorney Fees

Immigration attorney feesOn the chart below, you can see the estimated immigration attorney fees for the legal services my office provides.  This chart does not include application fees or petition processing fees, which the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services charges separately.  You can find the list of USCIS fees at the end of this page.  Please note that the USCIS has recently increased the filing fees.

To avoid complications with your immigration case, it is always advisable to hire a qualified immigration attorney at the very beginning, before you submit any forms to USCIS or a U.S. consulate office abroad.  If you decide to file an application or petition by yourself and such filing results in complications regarding your case, the fees below may not be applicable because the amount of work and the challenge the immigration attorney will face will most likely be increased.  Please note that in such cases the chances of obtaining a favorable decision from U.S. immigration services may be reduced as well.

Initial attorney fees should be paid upon signing a retainer agreement by the attorney and client.  Fees upon approval are paid immediately upon the USCIS grant of a favorable decision regarding the specific application or petition.  The attorney fees below are calculated based on the amount of work and number of hours that a qualified immigration attorney should spend on a typical case.  If the case involves more challenging and complicated issues than a typical case, the fees for legal assistance might vary.

Fees for Family-based Immigration

Application/Petition Type 
Initial Attorney Fees
Fees Due Upon Approval
I-130, Petition for Alien Relative$750None
I-130, Petition for Alien Relative

I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status

I-131, Application for Travel Document

I-765, Application for Employment Authorization

I-130, Petition for Alien Relative +

Consular Processing

Consular Processing (After I-130)$2,500None
K-1 (129F), Petition for Alien Fiancé(e)  + Consular Processing$1,600$1,600
K-3, Nonimmigrant Visa for a Spouse$1,000None
K-3 (I-130 + I-129F + Consular Processing)$1,600$1,600
Advance Parole (I-131)$750None
Re-entry Permit (I-131)$750None
Work Permit (I-765)$750None

Fees for Employment Non-immigrant Visas

Application/Petition Type
Initial Attorney Fees
Fees Due Upon Approval
H-1B, Skilled worker (new)$2,250$2,250
H-1B Transfer, Extension and Amendment$1,500$1,500
H-4 Dependent (With H-1B)$550None
H-4 Dependent only$750None
New L-1 Petition, Intracompany Transferee$2,600$2,600
L-1 Extention Petition$2,100$2,100
E-1 Petition,  E-1 Treaty Traders$2,600$2,600
E-2 Petition, E-2 Treaty Investors$2,600$2,600
E-3 Petition, Certain Specialty Occupation Professionals from Australia$1,300$1,200
J-1 Waiver$1,550$1,500
Appeal for Denial of J-1 Waiver Through IGA$1,100None
F-1 Petition, including F-1 and M-1 student visas$1,200None
B-1/B-2, Visitor Visa Extension$550None
O Petition,  Individuals with Extraordinary Ability or Achievement$2,600$2,600
R-1 Petition, Temporary Nonimmigrant Religious Workers$2,100$2,600

Fees for Employment Green Cards

Application/Petition Type
Initial Attorney Fees
Fees Due Upon Approval
National Interest Waiver (NIW)$2,600$2,600

I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status

I-131, Application for Travel Document

I-765, Application for Employment Authorization

PERM (Labor Certification) only$2,100$2,100



I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker

I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status



After PERM


After PERM

EB-1, Green Card for Alien with Extraordinary Ability





Attorney Fees for Other Types of Immigration Benefits

Application/Petition Type
Initial Attorney Fees
Fees Due Upon Approval
U Visa: Victims of Criminal Activity: U Nonimmigrant Status$1,600$1,600
Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), Battered Spouse, Children & Parents$2,500$1500
N-400, Application for Naturalization$1500None
I-589, Application for Asylum and for Withholding of Removal (Only Affirmative at USCIS)*$7,000None

*Immigration attorney fees for legal assistance at the Immigration Court vary depending on the complexity of the case.

List of the USCIS application and petition fees, which are effective December 23, 2016

Application/Petition Application Fee ($)
G–1041 Genealogy Index Search Request65
G–1041A Genealogy Records Request (Copy from Microfilm)65
G–1041A Genealogy Records Request (Copy from Textual Record)65
I–90 Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card455
I–102 Application for Replacement/Initial Nonimmigrant Arrival-Departure Document445
I–129/129CW Petition for a Nonimmigrant worker460
I–129F Petition for Alien Fiancé(e)535
I-130 Petition for Alien Relative535
I-131/I-131A Application for Travel Document575
I–140 Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker700
I-191 Application for Relief Under Former Section 212(c) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA)930
I-192 Application for Advance Permission to Enter as Nonimmigrant585/9301
I-193 Application for Waiver of Passport and/or Visa585
I-212 Application for Permission to Reapply for Admission into the U.S. After Deportation or Removal930
I–290B Notice of Appeal or Motion675
I–360 Petition for Amerasian Widow(er) or Special Immigrant435
I–485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status1,140
I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (certain applicants under the age of 14 years)750
I–526 Immigrant Petition by Alien Entrepreneur3,675
I–539 Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status370
I–600/600A Petition to Classify Orphan as an Immediate Relative/Application for Advance Petition Processing of Orphan Petition775
I-601 Application for Waiver of Ground of Excludability930
I–601A Application for Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver630
I-612 Application for Waiver of the Foreign Residence Requirement (Under Section 212(e) of the INA, as Amended)930
I–687 Application for Status as a Temporary Resident under Section 245A
of the Immigration and Nationality Act
I–690 Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility715
I–694 Notice of Appeal of Decision890
I–698 Application to Adjust Status From Temporary to Permanent Resident
(Under Section 245A of the INA)
I–751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence595
I–765 Application for Employment Authorization410
I-800/800A Petition to Classify Convention Adoptee as an Immediate Relative/Application for Determination of Suitability to Adopt a Child from a Convention Country775
I–800A Supp. 3 Request for Action on Approved Form I–800A385
I–817 Application for Family Unity Benefits600
I–824 Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition465
I–829 Petition by Entrepreneur to Remove Conditions3,750
I–910 Application for Civil Surgeon Designation785
I–924 Application for Regional Center Designation Under the Immigrant
Investor Program
I–924A Annual Certification of Regional Center3,035
I–929 Petition for Qualifying Family Member of a U–1 Nonimmigrant230
N–300 Application to File Declaration of Intention270
N–336 Request for Hearing on a Decision in Naturalization Proceedings700
N–400 Application for Naturalization2640
N–470 Application to Preserve Residence for Naturalization Purposes355
N–565 Application for Replacement Naturalization/Citizenship Document555
N–600/N–600K Application for Certificate of Citizenship1,170
USCIS Immigrant Fee220
Biometric Services Fee85

*The list of the new and old application fees are located at the following link.

Should you have any questions or if you would like to schedule a consultation, please contact me by submitting the form or by calling me at (248) 900-3399.  I accept clients from across the U.S. and around the world.  My law office is conveniently located in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan for in-person meetings.  For phone consultation, you can reach me from any part of the United States or abroad.